Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Advice to Baruch College

If I were hired by Baruch to implement better use of new media, I would immediately revamp the Baruch website, Blackboard, and CunyFirst. In general, all three can use a lot of change as far as media upgrades. Blackboard has discussion boards which work similarly to a blog in my opinion, to encourage more collaborative discussions, there should be an option to create Blackboard wikis. The Baruch website looks very out-of-date, I would redesign the site to make it more interactive and visually appealing. CunyFirst is just a mess. New media can be used to make communication to administrators on CunyFirst much easier. I would install some sort of messaging feature so that students can easily talk to an admin when they run into problems (which is currently very often).

No comments:

Post a Comment